we are: LAS, is a modern
automotive recycler that prides itself on blazing it's own path in the recycling
industry. LAS doesn't follow other company's molds, we make our own. We
actually listen to our associates and encourage them to take part in all
aspects of our business. In addition, LAS provides a friendly,
team-oriented atmosphere while offering compensation packages that most recycling
companies can only dream of............... and we'll prove it!
understands that we need the best team members in the industry if we're
going to be the best company industry! If you're tired of the same old
grind, feel that you're stuck in a dead-end job, or just want to be part
of a great team, then please contact us and let us show you what we're all
M-F, every other Saturday 8:00am -1:00pm
Salvage, a progressive Upstate Automotive Recycler is seeking
experienced parts pullers to join our team. This position is full time
and requires ability to work weekends and overtime as needed. The ideal
candidate will be experienced, reliable and thrive in a fast-paced
environment. This is a good growth opportunity offering new skills and
The auto parts puller removes parts from vehicles to be placed into
inventory and sold by performing the following duties
• Be ready for work and have yard car ready to go at the start of the
• Open and close
the shop, warehouses, and yard gates.
• Keep radio battery charged and be able to hear and communicate with
the counter at all times.
• Check pull-board frequently and pull all parts on a priority basis as
directed by the Sales Staff.
• Maintain yard and dismantling area in an orderly manner. Always check
for and remove items from the drive lanes that can cause tire damage.
• Use the Hollander interchange system and understand how to apply the
interchange information to parts that need to be pulled or inspected.
• Inspect, clean, and test all parts.
• Keep yard vehicles in good working order and free of previously pulled
parts or scrap.
• Keep all equipment in working order and report any conditions that may
cause equipment not to function properly or safely.
• Report to the Manager any safety matters that need to be addressed.
• Report supply requirements to the Manager.
• Replace returned parts to the yard to avoid build-up around the
counter and entrance.
• Place the vehicle inventory number on all parts and/or make sure the
counter person knows the vehicle inventory number.
• Put all vehicles in the yard in the proper order and properly place
them on the stands to not block vital parts. Record their location and
notify the counter person so the yard map can be updated. Record any
change in the vehicle location.
• Keep the sales staff informed on which job you are working on let the
him/her know if a problem develops to delay the removal of the part.
• Record engine compression test results and other pertinent information
about any parts and include it on the vehicle inventory sheet.
• Prepare cars for crushing.
• Other duties as assigned.
*Applicant will be subject to a drug screen as a condition of employment
*Applicant will be subject to a Motor Vehicle Report
*At least 6 months auto mechanic experience, wheel loader, forklift
skills and have own tools (must have air tools).
*Ability to work in extreme weather conditions and lift 75 lbs
*Valid SCDL and reliable transportation.
*Must pass mechanic skills and parts testing.
If you are interested in this position, please respond to this email
with your resume.